Friday, May 30, 2014

You Just Might Find Tulips...

...at the Holt Farmers' Market this Saturday, May 31, but if not, you'll probably find other plants/flowers to put in your garden or flower bed. Many times vendors call at the last minute to sell at the market, and if possible, Chuck, the manager, accommodates them. In addition, the vendors he lists on his weekly e-mail will bring items we didn't know about/expect. This time of year, both might be flowers/plants. I'm planning on getting my tomato plants there tomorrow, even though no one has said they're bringing them to sell. I want to be prepared, because I've missed out in the past. Did I mention not buying bulk   blueberries last summer because I wasn't prepared? Thinking I would buy them the next Saturday...and by then, the vendor's season was over!! So, while I've been able to buy blueberries all winter at Meijer or Kroger, I would rather have bought the ones at the HFM. Blueberries are important to my hubbie and me, because I have a wonderful recipe for gluten-free blueberry pancakes (yes, I'll share the recipe in blueberry season). So, LESSON LEARNED: always be ready to find surprises at the Holt Farmers' Market!
     Two long-time vendors I've never mentioned because they are very popular and can sell out without any help:Ming Dynasty and JW Kettle Corn. Ming sells tasty spring rolls and egg rolls, with your choice of hot or sweet sauces, and JW Kettle Corn's name speaks for itself. You can't miss him making his delicious popped corn in front of the market, and Ming is inside, towards the rear of the main market building. 
     Some items you're likely to find tomorrow: 
fresh herbs: chives, oregano, thyme
produce: asparagus, rhubarb, spinach
     And, as always: free coffee, Wi-Fi and, we take all plastic money! See Misty, in the back corner booth, for all three freebies.

REMEMBER: It's always sunny inside the HFM.



No comments:

Post a Comment