Thursday, May 22, 2014

Some new ones, some returning

Some Newer, Some Returning 

Holt Farmers' Market now has two chicken vendors; last year..sketchy at best. So we are happy to tell you about: 
  • Otto's Chicken, a well-established firm,is known for selling in Lansing, Royal Oak, and Kalamazoo markets, are now with us at the HFM. They have fresh chicken, whole roasters as well as already cut up for you in any form you'd like. They also sell specialty chicken such as ground chicken, three varieties of wings, sausage, tenders...the list goes on!  They use no growth promotants, hormones or antibiotics. Contact info: www.ottoschicken.com and 269-795-7696. 

  • Break O'Day Farm also sells chicken, as well as eggs, rabbits and turkeys. I love their flyer: "I may be the laziest farmer on the planet. I try to delegate the farm duties to the chickens. They eat lots of bugs, allowing us to grow fruits and vegetables without chemicals. They free-range, limiting my time pushing a wheelbarrow. If I could just teach them to shut the barn door at night, I'd never have to leave the house." Isn't that a riot? Also, the Carpenter family eats the food they grow, which is a wonderful testimony to why they sell quality products. Although they are not at the HFM every Sat (check the list of vendors that Chuck emails out every Fri) you can contact them at: corinne@farmbelles.com and 517-420-5126. 
  • Returning this year, tho' not for long, is the Patisserie Saint Tart vendor. Yes, it's a French name and they sell French pastries...to die for! Beautiful in appearance and delicious on the tongue, yes, I love them!  They frequently have some gluten-free for me, but that's not the only reason. We all love them, and are sad they will be moving to Japan (!!) later this summer. SO, be sure to sample their pastries before that happens.  Because I WILL say "I told you so" if I get the opportunity!
More next week;

No comments:

Post a Comment