Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Featuring : A Secret Recipe and New Vendors

Yes, this is Grandma's Secret Recipe Peanut Brittle. And all her children, grandchildren and friends loved her peanut brittle, and she would never reveal the secret ingredients. Luckily for us, the recipe was found after she died, and Jan Bayer is carrying on the delicious tradition of making peanut brittle; she's also carrying on the tradition of NOT revealing the ingredients. Which is fine with me, as long as she keeps making this scrumpdillyisious treat! My personal fav is the pecan brittle, but Jan makes peanut brittle and at least seven other flavors. You will find her at the five winter markets. She gave me a heads-up  to look for chocolate-covered pecan brittle and milk chocolate-covered cashew brittle. I foresee Christmas gifts/stocking stuffers for my "kids" and grandchildren.
     More on the Winter Farmers' Market:
     Dates: December 14th, January 11, February 8th, March 8th, 
                April 12th. (Second Saturday of month).
      Vendors: Many of the vendors you came to know and love during the summer markets will be available at the winter markets. In addition, there will be several newbies: Advanced Cutlery will sharpen your knives and scissors, etc. Break-O-Day Farm will selling free-range chickens, eggs, pork and rabbits (you read that right! I'm told that farm-raised rabbits  are lean and tasty). Corinne will also be selling gluten-free baked goods, which makes me happy since we haven't gluten-free goodies this season. Hillcrest Farms is planning to sell produce and The Granola Tree will have nut butters, jams, granolas and oatmeal. 
I'm hoping you already know that the Market will be open both Friday and Saturday this week-end for the Holt Village Sampler. Plan to stop by and see what our creative crafters have for you in Christmas décor, gift baskets with local/Michigan products (see Rowe's Family Farms for those) and goodies.  
I'm not sure if I will be blogging during the winter. I'm looking forward to spending time tweaking my blog, adding more pics, making improvements etc. so that next market season the blog will be ready to be more widely read. Any suggestions? or input? let me know by email: Holtmarket@gmail.com  And, who knows? I may just surprise myself and do some blogging this winter.  Also, you can keep up-to-date at facebook/holtfarmersmarket.  Have a great holiday season; I'll look forward to connecting with you in spring.  

No comments:

Post a Comment